Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Accommodation - Ubud

Pramesti BathroomPRAMESTI BUNGALOWS - Monkey Forest Rd, UbudPramesti - Outdoor Setting
I will stay at this place again if I go back, and will recommend anyone else to stay there too. Single rooms start at 80,000R (but I stayed for 60,000R). Includes a couple of beds (1 double, 1 single), hot water, ceiling fan, a beautiful outdoor setting with a garden view. The rooms were fresh and airy as the windows were large and made of flyscreen with bamboo rather than glass. They would come and clean your room every day. Breakfast was average, but still nice to have a change. Choice of tomato omelette or egg & tomato jaffle. They served fresh tea/coffee in a thermos at 6:30am each morning to your outdoor setting, so as soon as you woke up, you could have a hot, fresh cuppa. Sorry, I don't think they owned a telephone, but the locals will know where it is - it's down a very long alley next-door to the Kenso Reflexology place, just down the road on the opposite side of the Putra Reggae bar.

 

KUBU SAREN - Monkey Forest Rd, UbudKubu Saren - Upstairs
Tel: (0361) 975 704 Fax: (0361) 974 683
Located near the Monkey Forest, if you stay here, make sure you stay in the downstairs accommodation as their upstairs accommodation sucks (read my diary for more details). Rooms are 80,000R (AUD$13) including breakfast (yummy banana pancakes and fruit salad). Staff are friendly. Hot water and ceiling fan. All accommodation in Ubud is subject to bargaining as it's a lot quieter than it used to be and there are just sooooooo many cheap places to choose from. I stayed here for 60,000R (AUD$9) per night.

 

SWAN INN - Wisnu Lane (off Monkey-Forest Rd), Ubud
Tel: 62 361 977 492
Conveniently located near the Ubud Market. Quiet, peaceful, hot/cold shower. Very cheap, I think rooms with hot water/fan/breakfast start at 50,000R (AUD$8). I didn't stay here, but a guy named Blondy who works there, gave me the tour, and it looks pretty nice. It has a cute little outdoor setting where they serve your breakfast. I was already happy with my current accommodation so didn't switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home